- Come join our amazing steps challenge this month! Everyone is welcome and it's a great way to find out what other Newtopians are doing to stay active. For the second mini challenge we are going to focus on beating our own personal best kilometers.It’s one thing to be in competition with the people around you but another to be in competition with yourself. This next week and a half is... read more
- Each month we host a “steps challenge” aimed at helping those of you who are using the NewtopiaPED to stay active!This month we have decided to spice up the community challenge and focus on going the distance! This challenge will require everyone to work as a team and keep each other motivated in order to reach the team’s ultimate goal, while still maintaining that competitive edge to try... read more
- I would like to congratulate 6 amazing women Tina, Tede, Kari, Marianne, Valerie and Gloria, all fellow Newtopians who took it upon themselves to challenge each other in a friendly but fierce steps competition. Using their Newtopiapeds they embarked on a 30 day challenge to see who could get the most steps. Each day they would accumulate steps on their own using their... read more
- Many of us need a boost whether it is increasing our energy levels throughout the day, increasing our metabolism or even just help with decreasing our weight circumference or controlling our appetite, to help keep us on plan.For this reason our Naturopath Jean-Jacques Dugoua has created a helpful natural health product specifically targeted towards increasing or boosting your metabolism. The body... read more
- The system has taught me portion control and that fitness are the key to my future good health. Also I discovered that 1800 calories can be a lot of food. With my DNA results I discovered that being active will always keep me slimmer. My coach has helped my progress by challenging me and guiding me to making better food choices. Thank You to my Newtopia Coach for all your help, and I look... read more
- Natasha Vani our Exercise physiologist came up with a great way to promote a healthy posture, reduce tension headaches and improve back health, while in the workplace!Routine: Take a 5 minute break once every hour and complete the following warm up and stretching exercises. (once every hour is ideal however even a few times a day is better than none at all).Review the office... read more
- One of the biggest issues most of us face on our way to healthy living and weight loss is lack of MOTIVATION! For most people the same cycle repeats itself whether you are just starting your journey or whether you are trying to maintain your healthy habits. Most of us are motivated in the beginning and then somewhere along the line we need a boost. While doing a little bit of research... read more
- Mary Bamford the Director of Nutrition here at Newtopia feels that it is really important that we all understand what the glycemic index is and how it can help you to lose weight. First things first, the glycemic index (GI) is a measure of how much a carbohydrate-containing food is likely to raise a person’s blood sugar.For example, carbohydrate foods (fruits, dairy, whole grains,... read more
- Try these 6 abdominal exercises to help give your core an amazing workout. Just like any other strength exercise you need to make sure that you do not work the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. Try doing these exercises 2-3 days during the week to give your body time to recover!Standing Twists with a medicine ball: Stand with your feet spread shoulder width apart.Hold a medicine ball in your... read more
- In order to help improve and control over eating we all must take a step back and slow down the eating process. This will help to improve the mind-body connection when eating say's our Director of phychology Karyn Hood.Her rationale for this is because when you eat quickly you can end up feeling dissatisfied and you can very easily finish your entire meal before your body recognizes you are full... read more
Eating healthy with Newtopia has never been easier! Explore our delicious recipes, weekly tips and easy ways to stay on plan everyday.
Get tips to help you improve your workouts, maintain better fitness, lose weight and see better results from your Newtopia Plan.
Information on the latest behavioral health information to stay motivated and inspired.
Posted April 26 2012
Come join our amazing steps challenge this month! Everyone is welcome and it's a great way to find out what other Newtopians are doing to stay active.
For the second mini challenge we are going to focus on beating our own personal best kilometers.
It’s one thing to be in competition with the people around you but another to be in competition with yourself. This next week and a half is about pushing yourself to get more steps than you did in the beginning on the competition!
How the mini challenge works:
1. I will be sending out individual e-mails with the number of kilometers each of you need to personally beat. I will be taking the kilometers from the beginning of the challenge (April 11th) until this past Sunday (April 22nd) as your amount of kms to beat.
2. I am going to be giving each of you 15 days to complete this mini challenge, which means you get a couple bonus days to try and beat your own personal best kilometers. The end of this mini challenge will be on May 8th.
Anyone who beats their own personal best ms will have a chance to win a prize through our mini challenge draw.
At the Newtopia office we are always looking for ways to create a sense of community amongst all the amazing Newtopians who are proud to be changing their old lifestyle habits and striving for healthier ones.
1. Once you have beaten your own personal best kms we would like each of you to create a 10-second “I love being a Newtopian because...” video using; your phone, your computer or any other type of wireless device that has a camera. Visit our Facebook page in the next week to see examples of how fun and easy the video’s can be!
2. Once you create the video simply post it on Facebook or e-mail it to me and I can help you post it!
For those of you who cannot be on camera, don’t worry you are not eliminated from the mini draw. Please e-mail me at email@example.com and I can help you figure out an alternative way to join!
I wish you all the best of luck!
Category: Exercise | Tags: